And to make this post not boring, how about I show you what I got at Hobby Lobby yesterday?

Yay! My new supplies include a 60" gold colored chain (I always need more >.>), gold metallic FolkArt acrylic paint (does Delta Cermacoat have metallic paint? More importantly, does FolkArt react with Sculpey glaze? I guess I'll find out...), 2 jars of Sculpey satin glaze, and tiny glass bottles!
Here's a close up of those adorable bottles.

No, I don't really know what I'm going to use them for yet.... maybe stick some tiny Pokemon or something in it? That would be oneeee tiny Pokemon... I'll find a use.
And also... bad news about the satin Sculpey glaze. D:

I was just in the polymer clay aisle, minding my own business, and I found the glazes. Then I saw that on one of the satin jars, there was a giant purple sticker on the top. "New Formula!" WHY, SCULPEY, WHY?! I'm assuming that the satin, like the gloss, now reacts with acrylic paint and causes it to crack. *sigh* But I grabbed the last two jars in the store.
I'm planning on purchasing Varathane from Amazon, but I read that it works like the gloss glaze. Is there another type or some way to make it look like the satin glaze?
Well, that's all I have for now. :3 Hobby Lobby is having a sale on jewelry chains and findings this week (for those of you that haven't checked your newspapers, haha), so I'll be there again and maybe have other household supplies that you can use! :D
Cheers to a new blog!
Just seeing what the comments look like :3
ReplyDelete